LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
At LandSure we offer a collaborative and positive organizational culture that promotes challenging, innovative work in a stable yet dynamic work environment. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown core, our bright and modern office is just steps from transit, shopping, restaurants and the seawall.
As Executive Assistant you will provide project, operational and administrative functions to the Vice President, Human Resources and the HR Team. This position handles matters that require a high degree of discretion, professionalism, and good judgment and executes a wide variety of duties.
If you have experience supporting an executive role, display a positive yet professional attitude, and can undertake both routine and confidential projects , we want to hear from you. In addition, you demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, an ability to adapt to a complex and changing environment, and enthusiasm for making the LTSA a world leader in title registration, survey management, and land and property-based systems.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Executive Assistant:
- Anticipates VP’s requirements several weeks/months in advance, takes action on routine or simple tasks, and for more complex tasks initiates discussions with VP
- Ensures VP is organized and prepared by maintaining electronic calendar, scheduling and arranging meetings, travel and accommodations, and expense statements
- Organizes meetings by coordinating meeting logistics, developing agendas, distributing materials in advance, taking minutes, and preparing and tracking action items
- Plans and coordinates events in support of human resources initiatives, such as training, employee recognition etc
- Tracks and follows up on VP’s accountabilities in respect of action items from meetings including Executive and Staff meetings
- Ensures security of confidential documents and maintains the ARCS filing system for all documents in the VP’s office
- Prepares a variety of confidential meeting materials and correspondence such as letters, briefing notes, detailed reports, and slide presentations including graphs, diagrams etc.
- Conducts research and analysis activity on a wide range of often confidential and sensitive corporate and operational initiatives and provides written reports to ensure the VP is provided with enough information for decision-making
- Maintains office administration and financial management processes such as invoice management, contract administration and asset management
- Processes and tracks purchase requests and ensures all corporate procedures are followed; tracks contract dates and proactively manages renewals
- Works collaboratively with other Executive Assistants and employees of the LTSA to ensure client and service delivery issues are handled in a timely and efficient manner
- Acts as backup for reception when required
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a post secondary diploma or degree in administrative management, commerce, human resources, legal assistance, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as an executive assistant in progressively more responsible positions
- Experience managing sensitive issues with tact, diplomacy and good judgment on the telephone, email and in person
- Experience developing and setting office administrative standards and procedures
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive matters
- Experience in supporting executive management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates a personal management style that builds and fosters a productive and healthy corporate culture
- Ability to undertake both routine and special confidential projects on behalf of the VP and other management positions
- Excellent knowledge of office practices, protocols, and procedures
- Current knowledge and skills in:
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Basic accounting procedures, understanding and tracking budgets, and contract administration
- Other computer applications such as mail tracking system and project management software
- Works with limited supervision in a multi-tasking environment.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a wide variety of individuals or groups both internal and external to the organization.
- Superior written communication skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and compile complex information and prepare reports and other documentation.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).