LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
At LandSure we offer a collaborative and positive organizational culture that promotes challenging, innovative work in a stable yet dynamic work environment. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown core, our bright and modern office is just steps from transit, shopping, restaurants and the seawall.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Customer Communications Manager will drive customer success by advancing our customers' understanding of our business, our products and services, and the business benefits they can expect from our solutions, through thoughtful program design, tools and materials development, and collaborating with partners to provide customers with a well-rounded experience. The successful candidate will play a key role in helping the Customer Operations team deliver an elevated customer experience.
Do you have experience developing videos, blog posts and other content to address customer feedback and encourage ongoing dialogue? Do you enjoy liaising with customers and providing education support for business and technology changes? If so, this job may be for you.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Customer Communications Manager:
- Identifies and executes communications activities that reach target audiences effectively
- Designs and implements campaigns and programs to educate and engage customers and stakeholders about our solutions
- Crafts and develops compelling audience-specific messages using tools such as whitepapers, presentations, success stories, and videos - effectively communicating the value proposition of our product features
- Develops effective customer education offerings to address feedback obtained through Voice of the Customer findings; proactively undertakes research to assess customers' needs and preferences
- Determines and prioritizes needs for course design, course evaluation, tools and materials, and learning reinforcement strategies; investigates customer education trends, technological innovations and applications
- Participates in project meetings for customer change initiatives that will involve the development and facilitation of customer education
- Creates and executes a rolling plan for customer education activities; designs and implements training content, tools, and assessments for knowledge transfer and ongoing development
- Researches, designs and creates user manuals, visual aids, brochures and training presentations
- Creates and executes a rolling plan for written and visual content, and posting/distributing content (e.g., tips) for articles, announcements, e-newsletters, blogs and social media
- Influences product development and launch strategy based on customer insight, market research, customer adoption and market awareness
- Effectively communicates practice and policy changes; supports updates to the Land Title Practice Manual
- Ensures seamless operations of education and communications technology (shared with other Customer Operations teams and supported by the Communications Coordinator)
- Uses analytics reports to track success, develop recommendations and best practices for customer education activities, as well as the future content and campaigns (shared with other Customer Operations teams and supported by the Communications Coordinator)
- Effectively communicates with team members, stakeholders, and partners to ensure objectives, timelines and goals are being met
- Engages stakeholders to understand patterns in their knowledge gaps and appropriate ideas for new programs and curriculum
- Works collaboratively across functions within the organization, building cross-functional relationships with ease
- Collaborates with external customer education vendors and industry/domain partners as appropriate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing, or equivalent.
- Pragmatic Marketing or comparable certification in product marketing concepts and functions.
- Strong grounding in customer analytics concepts including optimization and growth experiments.
- Minimum 5 years' practical experience in customer-oriented product marketing and customer education program design and delivery, preferably in a public sector, real estate, legal, technology or B2B environment.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design principles preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Superior teamwork competencies with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with MS-Office and education delivery software; basic knowledge of video editing software and Adobe Creative Suite
In addition, you demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, an ability to adapt to a complex and changing environment, and enthusiasm for making the LTSA a world leader in title registration, survey management, and land and property-based systems.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).