LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
At LandSure we offer a collaborative and positive organizational culture that promotes challenging, innovative work in a stable yet dynamic work environment. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown core, our bright and modern office is just steps from transit, shopping, restaurants and the seawall.
As Reception / Administrative Assistant you will be the first point of contact for contractors, visitors and staff from outside LandSure, and provide administrative support to LandSure staff, including management and executive staff. This role provides back-up support to the Executive Assistant, Human Resources. This position handles matters that require a high degree of professionalism, judgment and discretion.
If you have 3 years' experience in a similar role, display a positive yet professional attitude, and can undertake both routine and confidential projects, we want to hear from you. In addition, you demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, an ability to adapt to a complex and changing environment, and enthusiasm for making the LTSA a world leader in title registration, survey management, and land and property-based systems.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Reporting to Human Resources, the Reception / Administrative Assistant will:
- Receive visitors to office (includes LTSA staff, contractors, stakeholders, business partners) and provide directions as appropriate
- Respond to general office inquiries by phone, e-mail, or in person and re-direct to appropriate department or individual
- Retrieve, sort and distribute daily mail and courier deliveries, and arrange courier pickups
- Coordinate calendar and resource availability requests
- Maintain and update electronic calendars for LandSure Executives and schedule meetings as required
- Book air travel and hotel accommodations
- Arrange meeting logistics, including catering/food pickup, and A/V
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and presentations for meetings as requested
- Maintain accurate contact lists
- Maintain office and coffee services supplies as well as schedule weekly kitchen duty rotations and fridge cleaning
- Perform other clerical duties including creating, filing, copying and scanning of documentation
- Assist with organization of corporate staff celebrations and events
- Work with building management personnel to ensure swift resolution of any facility issues and needs
- Maintain an up to date list of all promotional items and an accurate inventory of office equipment assets
- Year-end office inventory count
- Provide back-up to the Executive Assistant as required
Education and Experience:
- Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a post secondary diploma or training in an Administrative Assistant program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience handling issues with professionalism, tact, and diplomacy
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, tact and good judgment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a service quality focus
- Able to work as part of a highly motivated and adaptable team in a high-pressure work environment
- Able to manage multiple conflicting priorities, reprioritize tasks, and meet or exceed deadlines
- High level of integrity and a strong sense of personal responsibility in accomplishing assigned tasks
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong command of the English language
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision in a multi-tasking environment
- Demonstrate good judgment and discretion in communicating with all levels of staff, senior level executives and officials of government, industry and business
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).