Application Support Developer
Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021 and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking for an innovative and detailed Application Support Developer to join our Research & Development team.
Who we are:
LandSure is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of more than 70 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Manager, IT Applications, the Application Support Developer will provide support for a wide range of LTSA enterprise-wide business applications, systems and services. This is a hands-on role that requires experience in troubleshooting and correcting issues from system level down to individual software modules.
Working closely with suppliers and product vendors, as well as internal technical services and support specialists, the Application Support Developer ensures that problems are identified and resolved in a timely fashion and the overall availability of the technology supports the business users’ needs.
What you’ll do:
- Support build, installation, deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of changes to software applications including planned/unplanned upgrades and patches;
- Work with product teams to automate and improve development and release processes;
- Work with product teams to define and enhance IaC;
- Identify flaws or issues in existing applications and instrument improvements;
- Create scripts, tools, programs and controls to measure, monitor, troubleshoot and improve performance of software applications;
- Perform problem resolution activities including direct analysis and troubleshooting of platform, operating system and application issues;
- Provide off hour, on call support as defined by customer business requirements;
- Support management team to set priorities and ensure timely delivery.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- Minimum of one year of hands-on experience in the development and support of large, complex enterprise class application suite in Java/J2EE;
- Hands-on skills and proficiency in problem determination and troubleshooting techniques in a Unix/Linux and/or Java development environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to switch between a variety of technical tasks using:
- Web applications, services and webpage support: HTML, XML, JSP, PHP, CMS, SOAP/REST;
- Scripting: SQL, Shell Script, Perl;
- Products: Spring, Eclipse, Velocity, GWT, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, BIRT, Visual Rules, NimSoft, Liferay, Adobe Acrobat and PDF.
- Familiarity with typical development environment tools and practices (i.e. Subversion configuration control, continuous builds, test environments, etc.), and experience with JMS and web services are desired;
- Experience with Ansible and Terraform IaC scripting languages
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Kubernetes)
- Proven ability in the following areas:
- Installing, configuring, updating and deploying changes to software applications;
- Supporting 2nd level investigations and troubleshooting applications to code-level solutions;
- Using Linux command line tools to monitor and interpret logs, reports and alerts;
- Working autonomously and within cross functional teams applying SCRUM and other agile methodologies;
- Developing modifications or extensions to existing open source components, libraries and tools;
- Reliably documenting daily progress on tasks.
- Solid deductive reasoning skills as they pertain to software applications, such as troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, application vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems, and patterned vs. non-repeatable problems;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a highly motivated and adaptable team in a complex and changing environment;
- Able to manage multiple conflicting priorities, reprioritize tasks, work independently and meet deadlines;
- High level of integrity and a strong sense of personal responsibility in accomplishing the organization's goals;
- Passion for technology, software development methodology, and communicating, deploying and implementing IT best practices and procedures.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).