Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team in a unique organization unlike any other in Vancouver? LandSure is seeking to attract a talented and ambitious professional Business Analyst to join its collaborative team, with a culture that promotes innovation, personal growth and accountability. This role is ideal for an individual looking for a new challenge and to be a key member of the Product Management team.
Reporting to the Product Portfolio Manager, the Business Analyst will
work closely with the Research and Development and Product Teams along with other
internal and external stakeholders to research and analyze data, scope business
requirements, and engineer solutions for new or existing products and services.
What we are looking for:
An entrepreneurial spirit, a ‘make it happen’ service orientation, and a growth mindset will help you thrive in this organization.
We are a team of motivated individuals who seek a career and lifestyle, not just a job. LandSure provides the opportunity to do meaningful work, and the team is engaged in developing world-leading land title and survey systems. Employees are inspired to achieve results while enjoying a work-life balance unparalleled in the high-tech sector.
What you'll do:
- Assist in identifying prospects and opportunities in alignment with LTSA mandate and strategic priorities;
- Interact directly with customers, stakeholders, and internal users to develop an understanding of business requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams and provide analytical insights;
- Conduct comprehensive internal and external research and analysis;
- Follow standard guidelines, determine solutions and deliverables needed for a given project, and the time necessary to complete all solutioning and business analysis tasks;
- Be responsible for managing product development backlogs to best achieve product goals and visions;
- Frequently engage with development teams to guide and direct them, to provide continuous feedback and to remove roadblocks;
- Ensure that the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Team will work on next; and, Ensuring the Development Team understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed;
- Elicit and document the business/functional/non-functional requirements for all assigned projects;
- Analyze business processes and determine where improvements can be made;
- Work with team and stakeholders to develop and present technical proposals and other documentation;
- Participate in preparing business case analysis and requirements, including detailed opportunity evaluations.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Commerce, Marketing, Business Administration, or other relevant field;
- 5+ years’ BA experience in a related field along with experience analyzing data to develop market strategies, ideally in a complex B2B or B2G environment.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).