Business Process Analyst
Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking for a talented and ambitious Business
Process Analyst to join its collaborative team with a culture that promotes
innovation, personal growth and accountability.
This newly created role is ideal for an individual looking for a challenge and to be a key member of the Process Management and Analytics team. Reporting to the Director, Process Management & Analytics, the Business Process Analyst is tasked with solving complex operational challenges through data driven insights and analytics.
Process Management and Analytics team uses its expertise in operations
management together with data to develop actionable insights into strategic
decisions that drive organizational value. The team focuses on leveraging
analytics for operational efficiency, to drive quality, productivity, cost and
risk. Our team is comprised of a mix of domain experts in the land/survey
industry and related technologies, as well as business professionals in
operations management, and statistical and analytics fields. We use our
combined experience and expertise to leverage insights, drive business
decisions and then make them happen.
Who we are:
LandSure is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of more than 70 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have
helped the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through
technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the
consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and
manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support
access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides
employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven
technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and
fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly
improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our
you are ready for an opportunity to make an impact, earn a competitive wage
combined with a comprehensive benefits plan, all while having work-life
balance, the Business Process Analyst at LandSure is the opportunity worth
What you’ll do:
- Conduct comprehensive internal and external research and analysis of business processes to determine where improvements can be made;
- Build strong relationships and collaborate regularly with business and IT staff;
- Work closely with and support leaders to solve business problems;
- Identify, source, and process data to enable analysis;
- Document and communicate findings and insights;
- Document processes and workflows;
- Define business requirements;
- Help develop high level business and technical solutions;
- Help define and design projects, initiatives and processes;
- Participate in preparing business cases and financial models.
encourage you to apply if you have:
- Completed a quantitative degree in a discipline such as business, commerce, applied math, engineering, economics, data science or computer science;
- 5+ years’ work experience or strong educational experience in an analytical role;
- 5+ years’ work experience processing and analyzing data to develop actionable insights in a complex environment;
- The ability to work as part of a collaborative team to identify problems and develop innovative solutions;
- An understanding of business needs with a focus on solving business problems with data-driven analytical solutions;
- The ability to surface and frame unrecognized problems, needs, and assumptions with stakeholders;
- The ability to manage requirements to the smallest set that will produce the biggest impacts in advancing customer and business objectives;
- An understanding of business process modelling, assessment and design;
- An understanding of data architecture and integrating data from various sources to develop an analytical data set;
- Experience with visualizing data with tools such as Power BI;
- Experience with R, Python, SAS, etc.;
- An understanding of machine learning;
- Skills in MS Office suite, including data manipulation in Excel;
- An open mind to innovative ideas that leverage technology;
- Familiarity with software architecture, related applications, relational databases and web technology;
- An understanding of Lean and Six Sigma;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills;
- A strong customer-focused attitude;
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills;
- A strong desire to deliver results as well as the ability to meet commitments and timelines.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).