LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
At LandSure we offer a collaborative and positive organizational culture that promotes challenging, innovative work in a stable yet dynamic work environment. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown core, our bright and modern office is just steps from transit, shopping, restaurants and the seawall.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Communications, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for delivering communications that elevate customer experience, address customer feedback, prepare customers for new products and services, and support stakeholder activities. This role has an emphasis on content creation and publishing on various platforms and media (articles, newsletters, website, social media, etc.), all related back to company purpose, strategy and goals. An entrepreneurial spirit, a ‘make it happen’ service orientation, and a growth mindset will help you thrive in this role.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Maintains editorial plan; publish and distribute content via e-newsletters, social media, blogs and websites; administer customer information in Customer Relationship Management system for ongoing communications
- Research, write, edit and curate content and photos for digital story-telling, announcements, presentations, articles and business reports.
- Develops and distributes customer polls and surveys; measure, evaluates and collates customer feedback from surveys; develops effective communications to address feedback
- Contributes to the creation and execution of public relations and crisis communications, stakeholder communications and project-specific communications to engage customers
- Updates customer-facing websites; publishes, edits and ensures consistency with style/formatting guidelines; monitors performance of communications and training technology
- Supports customer education and outreach; event coordination, prepares abstracts and speaker bios; develops brochures, banners and signage; schedules and administers webinars
- Produces analytics/tracking reports for social media, websites, campaigns, and customer education and outreach activities
- Develops communications in support of operational activities such as phone tree messaging, system maintenance announcements and customer service scripts and tools
- Maintains communications procedures document
- Updates templates for all communications and customer education materials
- Ensures compliance of communications against guidelines and legislation; recommends changes as appropriate
- Coordinates service delivery with vendors such as creative agencies and contractors
- Effectively communicates with team members, stakeholders and vendors to meet objectives, timelines, and goals
- Monitors and maintains general email inboxes; provides responses as appropriate
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Business, or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ professional writing experience and executing communications projects in a corporate setting (e.g. experience working in a B2B/B2G or technology environment would be an asset)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing and presentation skills with unwavering attention to detail and accuracy; proven track record of ensuring consistent messaging and tone across multiple elements
- Creative, solutions-focused problem solver; proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Ability to maintain tact, grace and diplomacy in all situations; ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to manage media inquiries and work with spokespeople to deliver key messages
- Ability to research and learn a variety of topics quickly, then convert the information to customer communications
- Ability to compile and analyze survey data to communicate research findings
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently and complete multiple, concurrent tasks
- Superior teamwork competencies with the initiative and ability to establish effective working relationships with colleagues, customers and stakeholders
- Proficiency with MS Office, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey and other communication tools
- Proficiency with social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) and tools such as HootSuite
- Proficiency with Drupal, WordPress or other content management systems
- Design savvy with basic knowledge of design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign)
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).