Director, Financial Reporting & Analysis
Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking for a detailed and collaborative Director Financial Reporting and Analysis to join our Finance team.
Who we are:
LandSure Systems (LandSure) is a subsidiary
of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of more than 70 employees supports the LTSA through information
system consulting services, project management, customer support, and
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support
of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and
launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register (CSAIR) and we are hard
at work on the upcoming Land Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR), also a
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped
the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through
technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the
consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and
manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support
access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides
employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology
company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet
supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional
and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
What we’re looking for
to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Financial
Reporting and Analysis will be responsible for all aspects of internal and external
financial reporting, financial analysis and forecasting.
role, you will:
• Ensure timely and accurate completion of all monthly, quarterly and annual internal/external financial statements and reports. Prepare the necessary executive summaries and from time to time present to the Executive Committee and Audit and Finance Committee of the Board
• Research and provide recommendations on appropriate accounting treatment of complex accounting matters under IFRS
• Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Corporate Controller to maintain, update and document policies, procedures and controls
• Prepare the annual audited financial statements and quarterly unaudited interim financial statements
• Prepare the annual and quarterly Management Discussion & Analysis and the financial sections of the Annual Report
• Coordinate assurance engagements with external auditors
• Oversee the preparation of the annual income tax returns
• Prepare monthly rolling financial forecasts
• Manage and develop a finance professional through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
• Support VP and Chief Financial Officer with special projects and ad-hoc analysis
We encourage you to apply if you have:
• Qualified CPA, Big 4 trained, with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related discipline
• 10+ years of combined experience in public accounting firm and/or public company with increasing responsibility and leadership
• 6+ years’ experience in financial statement, Management Discussion & Analysis and annual and quarterly report preparation for public companies
Why you’ll love working here:
• Our team is inspired to achieve results while enjoying a work-life balance unparalleled in the high-tech sector
• We offer competitive salaries and incentives, as well as comprehensive health benefits and an RRSP matching program
• We work hard to have fun, whether it is by celebrating specific milestones, informal social activities, or our more formal annual Employee Achievement Awards
• Our Downtown Vancouver office is steps from the Burrard Skytrain Station, and minutes away from shopping, restaurants and the seawall.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).