Director, Human Resources
Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021 and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking for a dynamic and strategic Director, Human Resources to join our Human Resources team.
Who we are:
LandSure is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of more than 70 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
What we are looking for:
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Director, Human Resources will manage a small team of highly motivated HR professionals in providing quality service and support to the LTSA and its subsidiaries, an organization of nearly 200 individuals across four office locations throughout British Columbia.
The incumbent will be responsible for full cycle recruiting, performance management, employee engagement, training & development, and employee & labour relations, as well as developing and maintaining related HR policies and processes that support continuous improvement. In addition, the Director, HR will lead and support hybrid workplace planning, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and strategic planning for the future of work.
What you’ll do:
As an integral part of the Human Resources team, the Director, Human Resources will:
- Lead and support our organization’s recruitment and selection strategy and program to ensure we are leveraging innovative and diverse sourcing techniques to attract and retain the best qualified candidates
- Support and guide the senior leadership team on all people-related matters, including business change and transformation
- Form strong relationships with senior leaders and managers to be able to challenge and coach as we continue to build a high performance culture
- Deliver and support our employee engagement program in partnership with the Manager, HR Communications and external survey provider
- Lead our performance planning process to ensure all employees have goals that are being reviewed on a regular basis and leaders are well versed and comfortable with performance planning and feedback
- Support the annual compensation administration and merit review process in partnership with the Manager, HR Services & Payroll, executive team, and senior leaders
- Lead and support our training and development programs, including leadership development and succession planning
- Manage and develop a team of human resources professionals through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
- Collaborate with the Manager, HR Services & Payroll and Manager, HR Communications on departmental initiatives
- Support budget preparation and management for the Human Resources division
- Maintain, update and document policies, procedures and controls
- Continuously improve established processes, workflows, and programs
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience
- Qualified HR professional (CPHR), with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of skills and experience
- 10+ years’ broad HR experience with previous responsibility for technology recruitment, and employee/labour relations
- 5+ years’ experience at a management level providing HR support to senior managers or executive-level leaders
- Previous supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Strong leadership skills with a sense of integrity and honesty
- Ability to take responsibility for completing tasks while meeting project deadlines
- Analytical thinker with the ability to work in the details, as well as step back and understand the impact on the organization
- Ability to apply relevant labour and employment laws and regulations within the Province of BC
- High level of initiative, independent judgement and problem solving with focus on solutions
- Ability to collaborate within the HR team and across the organization
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Advanced skills in MS Office products, particularly in Excel
- Experience in HCM software such as Ceridian Dayforce would be an asset
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).