Executive Assistant, Vice President Human Resources
LandSure Systems (LandSure) is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of more than 70 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register (CSAIR) and the Land Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR), also a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped
the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through
technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the
consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and
manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support
access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
What we are looking for:
Assistant provides project, operational and administrative functions to the
Vice President, Human Resources and the HR team. This position handles matters
that require a high degree of discretion, professionalism, and good judgment.
The incumbent takes initiative for planning, organizing and executing a wide
variety of duties.
What you'll do:
- Anticipates VP’s requirements several weeks/months in advance, takes action on routine or simple tasks, and for more complex tasks initiates discussions with VP
- Ensures VP is organized and prepared by maintaining calendar, scheduling and arranging meetings, travel and accommodations, and expense statements
- Organizes meetings by coordinating meeting logistics, developing agendas, distributing materials in advance, taking minutes, and preparing and tracking action items
- Plans and coordinates events in support of human resources initiatives, such as training, employee recognition etc,
- Tracks and follows up on VP’s accountabilities in respect of action items from meetings including Executive and Staff meetings
- Ensures security of confidential documents and maintains all documents in the VP’s office
- Prepares a variety of confidential meeting materials and correspondence such as letters, briefing notes, detailed reports, and slide presentations including graphs, diagrams etc.
- Conducts research and analysis activity on a wide range of often confidential and sensitive corporate and operational initiatives and provides written reports to ensure the VP is provided with enough information for decision-making
- Maintains office administration and financial management processes such as invoice management, contract administration and asset management
- Processes and tracks purchase requests and ensures all corporate procedures are followed; tracks contract dates and proactively manages renewals
- Works collaboratively with other Executive Assistants and employees of the LTSA to ensure client and service delivery issues are handled in a timely and efficient manner
- Acts as backup for reception when required
We encourage you to apply if you have the following:
- Completion of a post secondary diploma or degree in administrative management, commerce, human resources, legal assistance, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as an executive assistant in progressively more responsible positions
- Experience managing sensitive issues with tact, diplomacy and good judgment on the telephone, email, in person and when working remotely
- Experience developing and setting office administrative standards and procedures
- Experience handling confidential and sensitive matters
- Experience in supporting executive management
- Ability to undertake both routine and special confidential projects on behalf of the VP and other management positions
- Excellent knowledge of office practices, protocols, and procedures
- Current knowledge and skills in:
- Microsoft O365 (Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Basic accounting procedures, understanding and tracking budgets, and contract administration
- Works with limited supervision in a multi-tasking environment
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a wide variety of individuals or groups both internal and external to the organization
- Superior written communication skills
- Ability to research, analyze and compile complex information and prepare reports and other documentation
- Excellent organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).