Manager, Data Analytics
LandSure Systems (LandSure) is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of more than 70 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support
of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and
launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register (CSAIR) and the Land
Owner Transparency Registry (LOTR), also a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped
the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through
technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the
consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and
manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support
access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides
employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology
company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet
supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional
and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
What we are looking for:
Manager, Data Analytics reports to
the Director, Research & Development and is responsible for developing and
implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that deliver business intelligence analytics and enable the
organization to make informed decisions through data insights.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze key information assets, focusing on identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Consolidate data from disparate sources and ensure accessibility to data sets as 'single source of the truth' in the organization for analysis by the data analytics team or others in the organization
- Responsible for building, administration, optimization, tuning, health, monitoring and availability of data collection systems
- Responsible for Business Intelligence integration and reporting and availability of related deliverables
- Develop methods and solutions to efficiently reuse existing service and application components
- Work with users to gather business requirements, perform database analysis, define and test middleware routines to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various systems and applications components
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, BI Developers, Application Developers and other stakeholders to identify and understand source data systems and network structures for the development and documentation of data models and integration of disparate systems
- Collect data and provide comprehensive analysis of current production systems and reporting systems performance states
- Support all system security policies and methods and proactively ensure the appropriate access to sensitive information
- Participate in department and divisional management teams in building a workplace conducive to business success and employee personal development
- Manage employees performing data science, data analytics and reporting activities
- Conduct staff performance evaluations and provide guidance and mentorship to direct reports
We encourage you to apply if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems Management or equivalent
- 5 years of experience managing a high performance work team and developing staff
- 7 years of progressive experience in managing in data analytics, business intelligence, or building data analysis tools and applications
- Experience with Web API concepts and technologies
- Strong knowledge in business intelligence and data warehouse solutions
- Strong understanding of architecture, design, and implementation of technical solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail
- Commitment to learning and keeping up-to-date with the latest technologies and industry innovations
- Ability to think strategically and anticipate and plan changes for future organizational and business needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish strong partnerships with vendors and stakeholders while setting clear expectations
- Ability to plan and organize, as well as demonstrate responsiveness and flexibility in a sometimes high-pressure, fluid environment
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).