Manager, IT Infrastructure
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
At LandSure we offer a collaborative and positive organizational culture that promotes challenging, innovative work in a stable yet dynamic work environment. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown core, our bright and modern office is just steps from transit, shopping, restaurants and the seawall.
The Manager, IT Infrastructure will report to the Director, IT Operations and will work closely with IT Applications, Customer Operations, and Business Development and Innovation teams. This position is responsible for defining and executing IT operational infrastructure management processes in order to deliver enterprise wide IT services reliably, efficiently and effectively. This position has management responsibility for Database Administrator and Systems Administrator functions.
Candidates should have a high level of technical understanding and competence with the ability to lead and coordinate troubleshooting and problem solving activities. Ensuring proper follow up for post incident analysis, root cause analysis, as well as planning and implementing permanent fixes, are also key to this position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Support the execution of the technology roadmap; balance the desired architectural and project delivery commitments against operational requirements
• Document and improve standard operating procedures to reduce risk, improve availability and efficiency
• Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, administration and day to day operations of enterprise wide IT infrastructure including LAN, WAN, Servers, Network Equipment, Telephony and VoIP, Databases and Database Servers, Backup and Restore, Software/Firmware patches and updates, ensuring the delivery of highest quality of service while maintaining a secure and up to date computing environment
• Ensure infrastructure availability meets committed service levels; minimize the impact of incidents by ensuring appropriate support response times
• Work closely with other business units and stakeholders to address all business and customer needs and to meet or exceed SLA commitments as well as end-user requirements
• Ensure the Disaster Recovery Planning supports and complements the Business Continuity requirements; regularly plan and execute Disaster Recovery exercises making sure gaps are tracked and addressed in a timely fashion
• Plan, coordinate, monitor and manage the work of all assigned team members including performance and career development
• Participate in or lead the project planning and scheduling of new technology initiatives and the implementation of such initiatives in production
• Ensure IT Infrastructure services required by the business are optimized, available and maintained and can be recovered within required business timelines
• Maintain effective relationships, contract management and administration with suppliers / vendors and review and monitor their performance
• Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data, content, and services, in compliance with policy and supporting processes
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems Management or equivalent
• 10 years of progressive experience in managing all aspects of infrastructure operations
• 5 years’ experience managing a high performance work team
• 10 years of hands-on experience implementing or supporting enterprise class high availability multi-technology (Unix + Windows) environments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skilled at managing a front line team, and developing staff, tools, and processes required for high availability systems
• Experienced with managing a mixed operating system environment using both Linux and Windows
• Strong Knowledge of Internet, LAN and WAN technologies, cloud computing, Virtualization technologies, Software as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, network devices, firewalls, Intrusion Prevention
• Experienced with using enterprise class Incident Management tools, Trouble ticket systems, Asset Tracking and Asset Management systems, centralized deployment tools for software and patches, file integrity monitoring, log monitoring, system availability monitoring and alerting tools
• Knowledgeable with Change Management Systems and processes and experienced with implementing and maintaining change management workflows
• High level of technical understanding and competence with the ability to quickly analyze situation and dive in to lead and coordinate troubleshooting and problem solving activities insuring proper follow up for post-incident analysis, root cause analysis as well as planning and implementing permanent fixes
• An avid learner committed to keeping up to date with latest technologies and industry innovations
• Ability to think strategically and to anticipate and plan changes and upgrades for future organizational and business needs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to establish strong partnerships with vendors and stakeholders while setting clear expectations
• Ability to plan and organize, as well as demonstrate responsiveness and flexibility in a sometimes high-pressure, fluid environment
Candidates must be able to demonstrate outstanding teamwork abilities, communication skills and enthusiasm for making the LTSA a world leader in title registration, survey management, and land and property-based systems in general.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).