Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021 and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking for an agile Software Developer to join our team.
Who we are:
LandSure is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC’s land title and survey systems. Our team of more than 70 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
What you'll do:
Reporting to the Team Lead, Software Development, the Software Developer designs, develops, and validates features for existing and new digital products. The position will have opportunities to take ownership of significant portions of the product and influence the future of our hybrid cloud services. The systems are complex and there will be opportunities to work at all levels from UI to backend microservices and everything in between.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will have proficiency in system and software design, strong knowledge of cloud and web technologies, strong communication in a multi-team and multi-discipline environment, and a bias for taking action. The candidate will have a proven track record of success in delivering and operating highly available web products.
The primary duties of the Software Developer are to:
- Work closely with the Team Lead, Software Development to understand and deliver business and non-functional needs, and produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Integrate software components and third-party programs and implement automated testing, logging, monitoring, and telemetry
- Contribute and champion improvements to software engineering best practices
- Adopt best practices to deliver scalable, reliable and observable web services
- Work in an Agile SCRUM team focused on iterative development and rapid deployment
- Effectively communicate progress and issues with the SCRUM team
- Work with geographically distributed development teams to ensure technical requirements are clearly communicated
- Maintain day-to-day in-depth awareness of project/product priorities and technical issues
- Work with application support developers and other support groups to verify and deploy software deliverables
- Participate in backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint review and other SCRUM activities
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews and approving pull requests
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Applied Science, from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a software developer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience as a software development engineer in J2SE, J2EE
- 5+ year experience with implementing web services
- Experience implementing RESTful webservices, SOAP, OAuth, JWT
- Implementation experience of services using RDBMS (DB2, MySQL)
- Preference to candidates with experience in AngularJS, Angular, Spring, Spring Boot, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Preference to candidates with CI/CD experience using GitLab, Kubernetes, Ansible
- Preference to candidates with experience using AWS
- Proven proficiency in software development activities; such as identification of need, planning, designing, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring and maintenance
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment
- Possess a strong sense of responsibility and an ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Communicate well and work well in a cross-functional team
- Ability to think strategically and to anticipate future organizational and user needs
- A lifelong learner who is constantly striving to develop professionally and teach/mentor others
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).