Do you want to work for one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021 and join an innovative, technology-driven and growth-focused organization?
LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is looking for an adaptable and collaborative System Administrator to join our Corporate IT team.
Who we are:
LandSure is a subsidiary of the Land Title and Survey Authority of BC (LTSA), a publicly accountable, statutory corporation that manages BC's land title and survey systems. Our team of more than 90 employees supports the LTSA through information system consulting services, project management, customer support, and communications.
We offer meaningful work in the public interest. In support of the Province’s 30-point housing plan, LandSure has helped the LTSA build and launch the Condo and Strata Assignment Integrity Register as well as the Land Owner Transparency Registry, a first-of-its-kind registry.
We offer an innovative, performance-driven culture. We have helped the LTSA become a leader in automated property registration and through technology, we are reducing turnaround time for customers and improving the consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the LTSA’s services. We also build and manage innovative products such as ParcelMap BC and AUTOPROP, which support access to information for the land and real estate sectors.
We offer balance. LandSure provides employees with the ability to work for a stable, independent, values-driven technology company. The environment is entrepreneurial, innovative, and fast-paced yet supportive. Our culture is of mutual respect, constantly improving our professional and personal skills, and celebrating our accomplishments.
We believe in a hybrid of remote and in-office work and know you'll love our downtown Vancouver office as much as we do!
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure, the System Administrator works closely with suppliers, vendors and internal technical services to ensure problems are identified and resolved in a timely fashion and the technology available supports user needs.
The System Administrator is responsible for maintaining LTSA’s mission critical technology infrastructure supporting web-based client and server-based systems with a wide range of custom developed as well as off-the-shelf commercial applications.
The System Administrator works in a mixed Linux and Windows environment and on high availability technology systems to ensure they are performing at optimal levels. The role also works on new technology projects such as server virtualization, containerization, networking and security.
In addition, the role carries out the following duties:
- Build, maintain, and support IT infrastructure and systems;
- Proactively monitor the health of our systems using appropriate tools to ensure optimal performance, respond to issues, troubleshoot and identify root causes, and develop and implement technical resolutions;
- Perform operational activities, including provisioning, administration, patching, upgrades, monitoring, backup and recovery of servers and network;
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical initiatives and ongoing support;
- Assess, research and analyze business and system requirements, explore alternative options to recommend and design technology solutions to meet those needs;
- Participate in and provide input to system architecture design, planning and implementation of new systems and solutions;
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams, external partners and vendors to ensure all aspects of IT projects and support requests are met;
- Work as an escalation point for Help Desk end user support and help train junior staff as needed;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Keep current and knowledgeable of emerging technologies;
- Provide off-hour, on-call support as defined by customer/business operational requirements;
- Support the management team to set priorities, and ensure timely deliveries in-line with agreed due dates.
We encourage you to apply if you have:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- 6-10 years of progressive experience with network and firewall administration;
- 5 years of progressive experience with AWS administration;
- Strong experience administering Linux and Windows systems;
- IT certifications are considered an asset (Cisco, Fortinet, Red Hat, Microsoft, AWS).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on skills and proficiency in problem determination and troubleshooting techniques;
- Expert knowledge of networking, network security/firewalls/routers/switches; BGP routing protocol knowledge is a must;
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and Windows Server/Active Directory administration;
- Some experience administering databases as well as MS Exchange;
- Familiarity with VoIP systems and technologies;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of virtualization technologies and experience with VMWare ESX;
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS systems;
- Experience with backup systems used in virtualized environments like Veeam Enterprise;
- Knowledge of web technologies and web application servers (Apache/Tomcat);
- Experienced with Patch Management and Configuration Management systems (RedHat Satellite Server, Foreman);
- Knowledge and understanding of containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, RedHat Openshift/OKD, Amazon EKS;
- Experienced with service, system and network monitoring tools and technologies; previous working experience with one of the widely used applications like Zabbix, Nagios, Splunk, DataDog, PRTG etc.;
- High level of integrity and a strong sense of personal responsibility in accomplishing the organization's goals;
- Passion for technology, communicating, deploying and implementing IT best practices and procedures.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).