LandSure Systems Ltd. (LandSure) is a technology-driven organization providing innovation, project management, communication, and technology services to the Land Title and Survey Authority of British Columbia (LTSA). A wholly-owned subsidiary of the LTSA, LandSure operates as part of a unique business model to support the continued growth of the LTSA and its services.
Are you looking for a System Administrator role in a unique organization unlike any other in Vancouver? If you are ready for an opportunity to make an impact, earn a competitive salary and bonus combined with a comprehensive benefits and retirement plan, while still having work-life balance, LandSure is the opportunity worth exploring.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Infrastructure, the Systems Administrator will be required to work on high availability technology systems to ensure systems are performing at optimal levels. As well, the Systems Administrator will be the working in a mixed Linux and Windows environment and work on new technology projects such as Server Virtualization, Containerization, Networking and Security. This role requires experience in troubleshooting and correcting issues as well as planning and implementing system patches, upgrades and configuration changes. Candidates must be able to demonstrate outstanding teamwork, communication skills and enthusiasm for making the LTSA a world leader in title registration, survey system management and land and property-based systems in general.
You will have responsibility for the maintenance and support of LTSA’s mission critical technology infrastructure supporting web-based client and server based systems with a wide-range of custom developed as well as off-the-shelf commercial applications. You will work closely with external suppliers and product vendors, as well as internal technical services and support specialists, to ensure that problems are identified and resolved in a timely fashion and the overall availability of the technology supports the business users’ needs.
Key Responsibilities of the System Administrator include:
- Be part of the technology team to build, maintain, and support IT infrastructure and systems;
- Proactively monitor the health of our systems using appropriate tools to ensure optimal performance, respond to issues, troubleshoot and identify root causes, and to develop and implement technical resolutions;
- Perform operational activities, including server builds, provisioning, administration, patching, upgrades, monitoring, backup and recovery of servers and network;
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical initiatives and ongoing support;
- Assess, research and analyze business and system requirements, explore alternative options to recommend and design technology solutions to meet those needs;
- Participate in and provide input to system architecture design, planning and implementation of new systems and solutions;
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams, external partners and vendors to ensure all aspects of IT projects and support requests are met;
- Work as an escalation point for Help Desk end user support and help train junior staff as needed;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Keep current and knowledgeable of emerging technologies;
- Provide off-hour, on-call support as defined by customer/business operational requirements;
- Support the management team to set priorities, and ensure timely deliveries in-line with agreed due dates.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent;
- 6-10 years of progressive experience administering Linux and Windows systems;
- Any other networking qualifications an asset (Cisco, Red Hat, Microsoft).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on skill and proficiency in problem determination and troubleshooting techniques;
- Strong working knowledge of networking, network security, network storage devices, firewalls/routers/switches;
- Expert knowledge with Linux and Windows Server administration
- Active Directory administration;
- Some experience administering databases as well as MS Exchange;
- Familiarity with VoIP systems and technologies
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Virtualization technologies and experience with VMWare ESX
- Strong knowledge of SAN and NAS systems;
- Experience with backup systems used in virtualized environments like Veeam Enterprise
- Knowledge of web technologies and web application servers (Apache/Tomcat/Jboss)
- Experienced with Patch Management and Configuration Management systems (RedHat Satellite Server, Foreman, Katello, Spacewalk)
- Knowledge and understanding of containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, RedHat Openshift/OKD
- Experienced with change monitoring and file integrity monitoring systems like Tripwire Enterprise
- Experienced with Service, System and Network Monitoring tools and technologies; previous working experience with one of the widely used applications like Zabbix, Nagios, Intermapper, PRTG etc.
- High level of integrity and a strong sense of personal responsibility in accomplishing the organization's goals;
- Passion for technology, communicating, deploying and implementing IT best practices and procedures.
The LTSA operates critical systems that underpin BC’s private property market, civil justice system, taxation and Crown land management frameworks. Ensuring we hire properly qualified and suitable candidates is necessary for the programs and activities of the LTSA and LandSure. As part of our hiring process, we will request that a candidate supply certain personal information so that we may conduct identity, reference, education and credential verification, and criminal record checks. Credit bureau inquiry checks may also be conducted for certain positions. As a public body, the LTSA is authorized to collect personal information under section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA).